As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 01, 2018

Fabulocity to Extreme... Thursday, March 1

It's the first day of a very important month for me and it honestly couldn't have started off on a more positive note than how it did today.  Seriously.  Today was nothing short of fabulous.

  • Breakfast out today also included carb-loading... pancakes always make me happy.
  • My interview with FitSquad went viral.
  • Visited the potential space for Empowered with my architect and the building property manager, and meeting with those two ladies is always a positive, encouraging event.  Today was no different.
  • The gloves I designed arrived from Pakistan as did the mini-boxing glove keychains and they're awesome.
  • I was treated to a very good but very painful shoulder massage.
  • Launched a glove patch design contest for Empowered.  Due date is March 22nd, midnight.

It was so unexpected, today's awesome sause to be such an overdose, but such is my life as an entrepreneur.  It has it's highs and lows and sometimes, like today, they're so extreme.  It'd be nice to have a balance of highs and lows, a medium, but I feel like it keeps me in check and serves to remind me to not get so caught up or so fixated on the lower days.   

No comments: