As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 04, 2018

I Grind on the Daily... Sunday, March 4

It's Sunday and this week is geared to be a big one so I tried to enjoy today as if it were the calm before the store. 

Monday        Entrepreneur social event
Tuesday        The Filipina Entrepreneurship Summit
Wednesday   [nothing yet beyond boxing... knock on wood]
Thursday      The Refined's International Women's Day Event 
Friday           Breakfast meeting with a potential investor
Saturday       Possible investor social meeting
Sunday         Attending the Church service with business associates & BoxHIIT in the Park

I dropped by The Refined today and was pleasantly surprised to meet a man who is very much interested in Empowered.  As it stands, all my potential investors are female.  I'd love to keep it that way but I may be taking on some male investors.  There are two who have approached me about investing and today a third noted his interest.  He's very close with the female investor I'm meeting on Friday and he mentioned he was aware I'd be meeting her this week.  "I'll talk to her after it [the meeting]", he noted, "and then I'll see where I want to take it from there."

Last month I took on a business development partner.  In exchange for her helping me close the deal with investors, I've given her a percentage of my company.  She's a fellow female entrepreneur, a beautiful Filipina who lived in Toronto and just recently decided to give up her home in Toronto, Canada to live here full time.  Her and her husband, a Canadian, just opened up a restaurant, so they're both entrepreneurs.  She's well connected, is quite the hustler, and she's super supportive of my idea and my passion.  I love how she jumps into the conversations we've been having with investors and adds the extra support or extra pointer.  She is a great partner to have.  No regrets with taking her on as part of my team.

The number of investors is definitely growing and it's super encouraging, it's certainly keeping the fuel of my passion and drive lit, but I really need to get my corporate papers finalised and my subscriptions letters for my investors signed and sealed.  

No comments: