As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Saturday, March 24

Yesterday was a busy day and it's been a busy week so today I woke up exhausted and drained.

I didn't sleep too well last night because my father emailed this past week and, well, whenever he emails me I get super stressed.  

My new pet peeve, when people ask me if I miss home.

I'm not on vacation and this IS my home.  I know that they mean do I miss Canada but they should just say that because before the Philippines Korea was my home.  It was my home for 11.5 years and if it came down to missing "Canada home" or "Korea home" I'd pick Korea.  Doesn't mean I'd want to return to live there but after university when I really started to come into my own and find myself it was in Korea that that happened.  

No comments: