As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, March 12, 2018

Starting Off Busy... Monday, March 12

Things to do today:

  • Research training class schedules
  • Plan Empowered's boxing class
  • Contact the property manager
  • Contact the broker
  • Work on the FitSquad Mentoring Program
  • Catch up on business emails
  • Work on the equipment-needed list 
  • Get quotes from potential suppliers
  • Wash all the hand wraps and then roll them
  • Message some of the Empowered sisters
  • Empowered boxing class reminders
  • Drop off the boxing gloves at the seamstress
  • Get the website link fixed for the Empowered sign up
  • Go over boxing order with supplier in Pakistan
  • Calculate fees due
  • Boxing
  • Light groceries
  • Laundry

Ya, it's great being an entrepreneur because "you get to chose when to work", said no one that actually was an entrepreneur and understood the struggles.  You don't chose when to work because you're always working.  I use to wonder if there was ever an off switch, now I know that the off switch means the death of your title as an entrepreneur.  

These days my days are super focused and I'm very driven but I hit a struggle when I leave the boxing club.  The hardest part of my day isn't my boxing training but instead is when I leave it and have to walk by the building I'm fighting to launch Empowered in.  I feel like I'm playing the waiting game right now, waiting on the investors to decide whether or not they deem my company worth their money.  It's a big decision, I know, but I'm becoming so impatient and it's taking it's toll on me.  It's eating away at my belief that this is ever going to happen.  

I want this so bad.  People have absolutely no idea!!!

I'm searching out other options now and one of them means me going to Korea to fight my club.  It's a dangerous move on my behalf, especially considering how I left and what I left.  I made a promise once to a friend that I'd never return to Korea alone and now I'm considering breaking that promise to get what's mine -- Hulk's and Empowered.

No comments: