As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Pocket Full of Sunshine Today

Sparring with Coach Adamson on this hotter-than-Hell Thursday early afternoon.

Training in this heat is one thing but sparring in it, wow.  It's a whole other level baby!
With his long reach and fast footwork, he makes it hard for me to get in and land some solid punches on him but damn I do love sparring. Sparring with Coach Adamson today, because why just box when you can step into the ring and punch someone?!... hahaha.

Current POV at exactly 2:08pm. Just returned from boxing but was craving sweets so I'm indulging in a mixed fruit drink. It's got coconut, apple, melon, banana, papaya, orange, dragon fruit, kiwi
... and more, I'm sure. All for 50Php ($1.25Cdn).

Some down time with Balboa in the afternoon.
It's a quiet life, especially the life of an athlete but being an entrepreneur too means I work alone a lot.  Thanks to Balboa for keeping me company as I work, even if it's him sitting in the window and watching the sunset.

No comments: