As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Mid Week Randomness... Wednesday, April 18

Yesterday I had sparring and tomorrow I have sparring, so today I just had regular boxing.  Nothing really regular about it though because it's always intense and I always feel like I'm being pushed to my limits and sweating my brains out.  Today one of the boxers showed me this great exercise with the medicine ball for building up your power for your hooks.  I definitely appreciated that.

I'm really liking training at Team Insider and definitely feel like that they've really taken me in.  I've only been training there a week now but already I know so many of them, many of them fist bump me when they see me, and many of them have added me on social media.  They've got great energy at the club and as hard as we all train, we also have a lot of fun and share a lot of laughs and giggles.  

I had a lot of business emails to deal with and people to contact regarding switching over my Korean boxing license.  It still boggles me how something so simple has become so painfully annoying and dragged out.  I "just" need that letter signed.  The frustrations are real and are many... wow.

Someone on Facebook, a friend, reached out to me and offered to lend me her bicycle.  She heard about the mileage I'm trekking for my boxing and wanted to help.  How super sweet is that?!  So sweet.  Unfortunately though I don't know if I'll be able to use her bike.  For starters, I wouldn't know where to park it at my condo and at the boxing club, and the route there isn't exactly "bike-friendly" because of it's broken sidewalks and the overpass bridge.  I'll try it though, see how it goes.  For now I've been walking and, well, the blisters forming on my feet are many and are big.  Nasty.

No comments: