As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Side Vent... Tuesday, April 17

No word yet from Snickers in Korea regarding my Korean boxing license letter needed but the fight prep continues and so does the intensity with training.  Upping the intensity meant me stepping into the ring with my coach for sparring.  His reach was like the length of my legs though and he kept it out, right in front of my face, so it meant I really had to work to get in and fight on the inside.

I feel like everything has been put on hold because of this fight and the fact that it may not even happen turns my stomach.  

I need Snickers to get that letter of authorisation signed in Korea by the boxing commissioner.

One thing, one job... I asked him to do one job for me.

Three years ago I got up and left Korea.  I left Snickers with everything -- my dogs, my money, my business, and even all my belongings.  Whatever I could pack in my bag I took and whatever cash I had in my purse I took.  I left him everything.  He has everything of mine and yet he still is taking from me.

I can't even begin to express my disappointment and my annoyance with even having to deal with him regarding this situation.  

...and that's enough of me venting.

I wish I wrote about something else but this has been burdening me to no end... wow.


No comments: