As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Simplified Version of It All... Tuesday, May 29

It was an interesting day... 

My morning started off with a long time hater (about 2yrs) revealing his identity in a nasty private message on Facebook, my boxing buddies tested out my new gloves, I got word of a possible fight, and the bartender at The Refined made me ice candy at his home and brought it to work for me.

My boxing buddies like the Pinoy gloves better than my Pakistan gloves but it's because of the fit.

I'm going with the Pakistan supplier.  

As for the hater... potatoes are going to tat, haters are going to hate, and the world is going to keep on spinning.  I responded to his message with kindness, a bit of explanation to correct him on his false assumptions, and that was about it.  

Possible fight.  I don't know much about it right now so there's nothing to really tell just yet.


No comments: