As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, May 25, 2018

Today's Empowered Girls are Tomorrow's Empowered Women

I showed up for the launch of the Lil' Sista Pow Class and these girls instantly threw their arms around me when walked up the stairs to greet them.  I hadn't even been in their house for more than 5 minutes and they had already stolen my heart so I snapped this picture.

Warming up these gorgeous gals with some back-to-basics agility ladder for footwork.
Super cute but super fierce.  Just look at them.  
Thanks to my gal pal P here for making connecting Empowered with this all-girls home.
Taught them how to throw a solid 1-2 and even had them stepping forward with their jab.
Shout outs to my fierce little assistant here, Jaime.

Teaching them here the importance of pivoting with their back foot when throwing a straight.
Burnouts on the pads to burn them out... or my attempts to.  Their energy was through the roof!
Lil' Sistas Pow Class, so much fun you have no idea. 
I think my heart became a little bit bigger because of them.

No comments: