As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Fight Day... Sunday, May 13

It took us about 2 hours to get to the fight location and 1 minute and 35 seconds for Kristian to end the fight.  Nice.  It was his pro debut bout today.  He use to be on the Australian National Amateur Team and made quite a respectable name for himself on that but he has since gone pro.  Tonight he was going to prove himself.  He defintely proved himself but perhaps in more ways than expected.  He proved himself no competition for his opponent, for starters, and proved to be quite the body shot master too.

A crowd of us not only from Team Insider but consisting of friends and even a friend/former coach of his from Australian who had flown in, all headed out to cheer him on at his debut fight.  

Knock out in round one, at 1:35.

For me, I think it was a good win -- a win is a win -- but I don't think it did justice to just how hard Kristian has been training for this fight or how skilled he is as a boxer.  He's very fast on his feet and he really didn't get to showcase anything really beyond he dominated his opponent and had solid body shots.  I personally would have loved to see it go a little longer, have his opponent give him a worthy fight, and to see Kristian really in action as I know he's fully capable of being.  

A win is a win though and congrats to him.  We were all proud of him and now the energy of his victory is only going to propel us further with getting more bouts lined up. 

June, here we come!!!

No comments: