As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Life of an Athlete... Monday, May 14

I am both an entrepreneur and a professional athlete.  It's a struggle to juggle and some days I am definitely more of the one than the other.  Today was definitely one of those days.  Today I was most definitely more of an athlete than an entrepreneur and this is how my day went.

8:30am     Wake up and eat 
9:15am     Email boxing coach in Korea
9:30am     Get my gear ready for training and coaching
10:00am   Walk to Poblacion
10:50am   Arrive at Team Insider, chat with coaches, grab my boxing pads and eat snack
11:00am   Personal training client 
12:40pm   Eat and then head to Team Insider
1:00pm     Workout #1: boxing at Team Insider
3:15pm     Finish boxing and walk back to BGC
4:10pm     Arrive at home -- shower, unload and clean boxing gear, and eat
9:15pm     Workout #2: full body weight training at the condo gym
10:00pm   Return home -- shower and eat
10:30pm   Email potential sponsors and then work on upcoming fight uniform
11:00pm   Start laundry

No comments: