As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, June 29, 2018

Change of Training... Friday, June 29

I finished my homework for KMC, I coached today, I boxed today, AND I even made a video of today's boxing and posted it on Instagram. 

Booyah!!!

It's been decided that I'm going to switch up my boxing for the next month, to test out a new program.  If crazy is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results than I'd be crazy not to switch up my training.

Boxing 3-4 times a week and weight training 3 times.

The trek there and back to boxing mixed with my actual boxing training is way too much cardio.  It's such a chunk of my time and effort but it's really not bringing my body to the next level.  I feel it's really built up my endurance and conditioning, I feel strong too, but it's not leaning me out and building muscle like I had hoped.  

Where my body is, where I want my body to be and where I think it should be... they still remain three different spots and it's driving me bonkers. I eat super healthy, I train really hard, I drink plenty of water, my stress is super manageable, and I get a solid night's sleep... so what's wrong?  My boxing is too much cardio.  A big part of it is definitely the hour trek there and hour trek back, not to mention the sun beating down on me that sometimes leaves me with a bit of heat stroke.

I've been adding weight training to the end of my boxing workouts at the boxing club and sometimes I even get in a weight training session at night in my condo's gym, but sometimes it's a half ass effort kind of workout.  The plan is to designate three days a week to solely weight training.  This means on those three days I won't be boxing but instead just getting in a solid workout in on the weights, lifting heavy.

No comments: