As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, June 11, 2018

Jumping Two Feet First into the New Week

Yeah, I don't think these monkey bars are actually for monkeys, 
but that obviously didn't stop us.
 We may train hard here at the boxing club but we also play hard too.
First we played hard... then we trained hard.  Sparring Day for me.
Just realized that Coach Adamson is my biggest sparring partner yet.
He's the heaviest and the tallest.  He's also a MMA fighter and a Southpaw, 
so you know he's definitely not an easy one either!!!
To add a bit of pressure to today's sparring, a WBO world champion 
sat ringside as did one of the coaches and some other boxers.
Returned home from boxing and was surprised with a gift -- new socks for boxing!!!
...and lunch out!!!
Warning:  I'm to be fed immediately following boxing and my shower or else you risk me saying "I'm hungry" about a zillion different times and then hangry pains starting up!

No comments: