As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Lots of Love for the Ladies... Wednesday, June 27

So I'm 37 with homework, get that.  I'm not officially in school but I have homework and I've been complaining about it ever since I got it, on Saturday.  It's for KMC, for the entrepreneur mentorship program.  The homework, come up with three key questions to validate your business and show that your company solves the problem that's present.  Only one problem with it though, you then have to go survey random people that fit your target market group. 

My target market:  women ages 20-45 that live in or around the BGC area that want to get fit or are looking for a fun/new/interesting way to stay healthy.

Where can you find my target market?  On High Street, by Jumba Juice or around Serendra where there's several fitness facilities located.  Basically anyone walking around in exercise leggings and running shoes on High Street.

I made my questions, know my solution and know the problem.  I even know my target market and where to find them but getting myself motivated to go out and ask them my questions, it wasn't happening.

"Work smarter, not harder", I told myself.

I was sitting at The Refined when a thought came into my head -- why don't I post on my Empowered Clubhouse Facebook Group Page, asking my 370+ members if some of them would be so sweet to answer my survey.  Problems -- they can't know the details of my business, I've trained many of them, and not only are some workers from KMC in my group but the guest speaker is also a part of Empowered.

...but they don't all watch my Instagram Story AND proof of it will be erased in 24 hours because that's how long Instagram keeps the Stories for.

BINGO!!!

So, on that note, I posted two Stories on my Instagram Stories, two 15 second videos, asking any women in the BGC area to private message me if they'd be so awesome in answering my survey.  As luck would have it, the first lady who watched it messaged me and sent me her number.  Several others responded to.  It was a brilliant idea and not only did I get some amazing women to answer my survey over the phone but it also sparked a lot of additional chats about my services, my products and how they can collab with me.  It was so incredibly encouraging actually and I was actually so excited about it all.  I was all giggles and smiles for the rest of the evening.

#blessed for the sweetness of such ladies!!!

No comments: