As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

What's a Good Bribe?!... Saturday, June 23

I'm not going to complain because I know I should be grateful for the experience and appreciative of the solid mentoring I'm getting but I have homework!!!

Yup... homework.

I had the mentorship program at KMC to attend to today and, in addition to having it last night from 5-8pm, I had it in the morning and then walked out with homework.  

HWK:  Interview 20 people that fit your company's target market.

I have easy access to 378 via my Empowered Clubhouse Facebook private group page but when I was told my participants for the interview can't be aware of my company, family or friends, well, that changed everything.  

I'm not too sure on how I'm going to interview 20 women, not because I don't know where to find such women but because I really don't like approaching new people.  I don't like meeting new people that is unless they're in the boxing club and then I'm cool.  I'm the "most me" at the boxing club.  It's my home away from home and I totally feel comfortable there.  But to approach women out in the public, in a public place where not only are they going to be starring at me with confusion but so will random people around.  

Holy uncomfortable.  

...maybe I can bribe them with something... yeah.  Definitely going to bribe them!!!

No comments: