As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Blessed Problems... Wednesday, July 4

My body is hating me today --- H-A-T-I-N-G ME!!!

If I wasn't taking the recovery shake by Klean Athlete right after training, oh gosh, I don't know what it'd be doing to me.  Boycotting me?!  I don't know.  What I do know though is this new program is seriously kicking my butt.  I haven't felt this sore in only God knows when.

... BUT I LOVE IT!!!

It's true.  There's definitely a pleasure in pain, the kind of pain that tells you you're pushing your body out of it's comfort zone, to unfamiliar territory, and to a new level.

"I better wake up with abs tomorrow", I joked to Skittles.

Okay, so maybe I won't wake up to abs but I'm definitely waking up sore and tender.  I got a back massage yesterday and just about whack the girl in the head when she started.  I was that tender.  I'm definitely training hard on the weights but I know the other days' weight training session was surely fueled by some competition.  I don't know if "competition" is the right word of if perhaps it was a matter of me feeling like I needed to put someone in their place and show them how it's done.  Mr. Imaginary-Lat-Syndrome Dude, ya, I certainly showed him how to train back.  Woozers.  

Today, no weight training but instead boxing.  

I was sore at boxing.  My legs were heavy and my arms had no strength in them because of yesterday's weights.  I had gone too hard yesterday and though I was proud of my efforts I felt foolish for having pushed it too hard and forgetting that I had boxing today.  

I had a client to coach before boxing, then I had boxing, and then I spent the rest of my afternoon and evening working on Empowered -- interviewing online a possible new supplier and designing some more Slay wear and Slay gear.  I also picked up a new client today so that's exciting.  My most recent issue with Empowered is dealing with the fact that too many participants want to join one of my Empowered BoxHIIT Camps.  It's a problem I know I am blessed to have so I'm not complaining.

No comments: