As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

I Want to Fight Too... Sunday, July 15

With well over a hundred people flooding the Howzat Sports Bar under Team Insider Boxing Club, I watched as Pacquiao took on and took down his opponent, Matthysse.  Seventh round TKO.

Watching a Pac fight in the Philippines, pretty damn awesome. 

Today was the second time I watched a Pac fight in the Philippines.  The first being his loss to Horn, or his "robbed win" as many of us believe.

Lots of big fights this weekend actually.

In Korea, Choi Hyun Mi was defending her title belt as was Park Ji Hyun, and in Canada Dilion Carman was scheduled to fight and so was my friend ...... Of my four friends fighting, three of them won their fights and one, Dilion's fight, was cancelled because of their opponent.

While watching Pac's fight out in Poblacion with my boxing buddies, I got word that one of the guys there has yet another fight.  This marks his third fight in about three and a half months so don't even ask me about whether or not I'm frustrated with not having a fight.  I've started to call out promoters and message them individually on Facebook and via text messaging on their phones.

It seems like everyone is having a fight and here I am fighting to get a fight.

Damn.

No comments: