As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Work, Work, Work... Tuesday, July 17

Tonight's BGC BoxHIIT Camp with Empowered canceled on account of the rain.

Rain or shine, I rise and grind.

I had hit the gym earlier, in the morning, so with no BoxHIIT to coach, I then had a massive chunk of time to really slave away at Empowered and get much done.

Spending an hour and a half at the printers, not exactly how I wanted to spend that extra time.

Mother Nature was having a definite tantrum outside and it may have postponed my coaching tonight but it surely didn't stop my hustle.  I got soaked, sure, but I also got a lot of things done.

Working on trying to build a team for the Spartan Race and for the Binibining Marathon (the women-only running race).  The Spartan Race is in September, so I have some time, but the Binibining Marathon -- the 10km, 21km and 42km -- is coming up on August 19th.  I really want to make a small Empowered team for that but it's not exactly easy given the time frame for training that I'm working with and the fact that the shortest run is a 10km.  I could get a fair number of ladies to participate in a 5km, but a 10km?!  Most likely a newbie isn't going to attempt to try it.  As for which race I'll be doing, I'm not sure about that either.  It'd either be the 10km or the 21km.  My endurance is good but I don't know about running in this heat and I can't remember the last time I actually went running!  You can't just get up and join a half marathon run without at least a solid month of prep work to back it up!!!  I may have done that with the Vertical Run, entered it on a whim, but a 21km run?!  That's something totally different.

No comments: