As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Big News... Tuesday, October 16

Big news... I have a new boxing manager!!!

[Add my happy dance here, for sure!]

I usually don't go boxing on Tuesdays but one of my client's had switched days this week so I knew I'd be in the area so I brought my gear and went training.  And it was a good thing I did too, a really good thing.  I walked in and one of the owners of Team Insider Boxing Club asked me, "When is your next fight?"  

A good question... a very good but a very frustrating question.

I responded by telling him I had four fights lined up but all four fights got cancelled.  "It depends on when these female fighters stop cancelling", was my response to his question.  And just like that, a conversation was sparked with him and one thing led to another... and I have a manager.  He made some promises to me and talked very optimistically about getting me a fight and dealing with my boxing license, and I'd like to believe him but I'll believe it when I see it.  Until then though, I'll stay optimistic and excited but not put too much hope or expectations into it.  Having said that though, I know a female boxer he used to manage, before she moved to Australia, and she was very successfully managed by him so that's definitely a true testimony to what he's about and that surely puts weight to his name.

Next step is to step on the scale tomorrow to see how much I weigh and then start cutting weight.

I haven't step on a scale since my last opponent bailed on our fight so it's been months.  My guess, I think I'm about 120lbs.  I fight at 105lbs and 108lbs but I'm thinking for this next fight I'll drop down to 108lbs first and then line up a 105lbs fight.  

No comments: