As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 15, 2018

Busy Bere at Home... Monday, October 15

No clients and no boxing today, just work from home and lots of work to do.

  • Contact my clients regarding their training.
  • Work on the next order for Empowered.
  • Contact my manufacturer in Pakistan.
  • Follow up with all the Lil' Sista fundraiser packs sent out.
  • Update the Empowered Clubhouse online store.
  • Write up a quick draft of the Empowered chant.
  • Finalize the outline for the Lil' Sistas Pow Class.
  • Update the Empowered finances.
  • Plan clients' training sessions for the week.
  • Design a couple of sample tops for Slay.
  • Plan the BoxHIIT Camp Week 3 session.

Two things I did today that I regretted I had done...
1.  I worked out at home.
2.  I enquired about divorce proceedings.

Working out at home, epic fail.  With two puppies running around in a studio condo and me trying to do squats and push-ups, it was inevitable that they were going to jump on me and try to attack.  And that's exactly what they did plus I almost sat on Cassius.  I'm cool with training in non traditional spaces but not in my actual condo.  I don't really care to sweat where I eat, work and relax.  That's gross.  It'd be different if I had a bigger place or a separate room but basically my who life at home is in one big room.

Enquiring about divorce proceedings,... proved to be just as frustrating as my earlier attempts.  I was recommended to go to Korea to do this but I had promised my former boxing coach and a good friend in Toronto that I'd never go there without backup.  My biggest fear is that I won't be able to get divorced because of this very fact -- it being unsafe for me to go there but me having to go there.  I used to think the legal fees would be the stopper for me but now it seems to be the need for me to go there that's really the deal breaker.  Honestly, I can't afford to go there, not only financially but also emotionally and mentally.  I've created this whole new life for me, one that's filled with a lot of love and happiness, dreams and goals, and I really don't want to throw in a needed trip to Korea to kill all that I've already created for myself. 

No comments: