As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 04, 2018

Crushing It... Thursday, October 4

Today I had that big business presentation I had mentioned yesterday -- the one that everyone else had a week to prepare for.  I was leaving my personal training client this morning when one of the others texted me and asked me if I'd like to go first.  I said okay.  Saying okay meant my meeting was now in less than an hour so I had to go straight from coaching, with all my gear and wearing whatever I was wearing right there and then.

The meeting was suppose to be a one-to-one meeting with a business guru that'd hear my presentation out and then disect it piece by piece afterward.  The others also presenting mentioned they wanted to stay in the room and hear my presentation so then my audience instantly grew.  I was told I had 20 minutes.  Turns out the whole presentation was to be 20 minutes but I only actually had 5 minutes to present.  I had just a brief moment to decide what to ditch and how to condense my 20 minute presentation into 5... wow.

I presented.  

It went really well actually, I was quite surprised.  I really appreciated the business guru's feedback, it was incredibly insightful and, honestly speaking, it was the most productive meeting I've had since starting this entrepreneurship mentoring program.  I left feeling very confident with my business and what I had to do next.  

Turns out what's next is me standing up in front of 70-100 people at the end of November and giving my revised version of today's business presentation... no pressure.

No comments: