As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Jekylling Out... Thursday, October 18

Oh my gosh, the funniest thing happened tonight.  I had promised my BoxHIIT ladies that if they showed up I'd bring the preworkout supplements.  I had changed the original Tuesday evening sweat sesh to Thursday, tonight, because of the rain so I knew fewer would come but I thought sharing some of my supplements with them would be a nice "treat".

H-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!!!

I don't usually take preworkout but when I do it's for weight training only, not boxing.  It makes me have to go pee pretty much every hour, on the hour, but it also makes me very easily agitated and annoyed.  I don't care to walk into the boxing club as such, sporting such negative energy, but I really don't mind walking into the fitness gym like that.  No one really acknowledges me beyond a couple of trainers who say hi so I'm not the fan of the gym in the first place and really have nothing to lose because I'm not attached to it.  

I gave the ladies tonight half a serving each of Dr. Jekyll NitroX and no sooner did they drink it up but they started to feel it.  First they noticed their lips tingled a bit; my elbows and hands usually tingle.  Next, they then had to pee.  It has the same effect on me too.  By the end of the workout they said they didn't feel the tingles anymore but they had most definitely sweated more and had more energy.  It was a cool little "experiment", if you want to call it that.  

No comments: