As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, October 07, 2018

Team Conner vs Me (and him), Team Khabib

Many of my teammates from Team Insider showed up to watch the much anticipated Conner vs Khabib UFC fight today but I was pretty much only 1 of 2 in the packed crowd that cheering for Khabib.

I try not to train on Sundays because my Mondays are nonstop and they start at 5:30am with back-to-back coaching but going all that way to Poblacion to watch the fight, and then having my fighter win the fight... well, I was pumped up instantly for training.
Sweaty, exhausted, and sitting ringside with one of my most 
favourite of favourite coaches, Coach Marcelo. 

No comments: