As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 01, 2018

Brain Fog... Thursday, November 1

I've been dealing with a mad case of continual brain fog lately, seriously.  Some say it's because I work too much, others say it's the sun beating down on my as I walk to boxing and coaching, while others think it's because I need a break from everything.

My head feels like it's in a vice; I'm always somewhat lightheaded.

You know when you try on someone's eye glasses that are way too strong for you but you wear them anyways for fun and you wear them a bit too long?! Well, that's exactly how I've been feeling for the past week or so.

I joke and tell Skittles it's a brain tumor pushing on my head but I know that's nothing to laugh about.

I think it's just anxiety.  Anxiety has been my new shadow for a couple of months now.  It's always with me.  I'm hesitant as to whether or not I should go to the doctor about it because sometimes, in rare moments within the day, I don't feel it, the brain fog and anxiety it is.  But on a daily bases, I definitely feel them both.

No comments: