As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

My 1 Minute Elevator Pitch... Tuesday, November 27

The social explosion of the #MeToo Movement, Oprah Whinfrey’s inspiring acceptance speech, the success of the movie “Wonder Woman”, the strength of the all-female warriors in “Black Panther”, they’re all about female empowerment and now is our time. 

I’m Amy, pro boxer, CEO and Head Coach of Empowered Clubhouse a boxing and functional training facility that is for women, by women. We’re building a community of empowered women by taking a lifestyle approach to health and fitness. 

Empowered women empower women but we also empower the women of tomorrow -- young girls, or as with call them, our Lil’ Sistas. Our Lil’ Sistas Project is an outreach program we’ve launched for underprivileged girls. Currently we have 76 that we coach and mentor, over half of which are human trafficking survivors. 

In addition to expanding our Lil’ Sistas Project, we’re currently in the process of launching our private boxing studio in BGC, starting our Slay clothing line, and expanding upon our Slay boxing gear line. 

This was all done in 2018, laying down the foundation, 2019 look out. 

This is Empowered Clubhouse and I am Empowered.

No comments: