As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 06, 2018

Loud and Proud... Thursday, December 6

Today was a big day for me on social media with both Sony Music Ph and Freshmes featuring me in their posts.  

Sony Music contacted me last week about having me be a part of a music video featuring Little Mix's song, "Woman Like Me".  I was super excited when they asked me.  I mean, when Sony Music asks you to be in a music video, you don't say no.  You say a big "hell yeah!!!".  Today they launched a teaser video.  Check out my Instagram, DeadAimAmy, about it and to get in on it.  It's pretty badass.

And then, if that wasn't awesome enough, Freshmes featured me today and wrote the nicest and most supportive write-up ever about me.  I was so flattered.  I copied and pasted it below.  Let me know what you think.

Freshmes Post...

Founder, CEO and Head Coach, Amy is one fierce woman on a mission with ferocious focus! She’s electrifying, grit-filled with a strong unapologetic stance on protecting those around her. She’s on such a powerful mission causing communities, towns, cities and countries to “listen up”. She’s not defined by her environment, in fact she “defines” her environment and is making such a huge impact by the way she lives her life. This pro female boxer has been through the ups and downs of life but does what she does best and fights through it all - victoriously. We are damn proud to feature this woman!
.....”To be an “empowered woman” means to have the confidence to really own who and what you are and that’s exactly what Empowered Clubhouse is founded on.

Empowered is a female-only boxing clubhouse that supports, encourages and offers opportunities by enabling women to become more empowered and “health happy” via physical training opportunities like boxing and functional weight training, as well as socials, seminars and a network hub of businesses and services. Empowered women empower women but we also empower little girls, our Lil’ Sistas, through our Lil’ Sistas Project -- a community outreach project for underprivileged girls, many of which are orphans, runaways or human sex trafficking survivors.” Amy, Empowered Clubhouse. Manila, Philippines.

....... On Freshmes, Amy can continue to grow and scale her business; through her programs, charitable affiliations, memberships, and e-commerce.* She can make so much use of the Freshmes platform and reach even more women across the globe by promoting her mission and vision- get the attention of many companies willing to partner with her and join her initiatives- why... because she’s so authentic!(* Some features are only available on our premier membership.)

We support you, Amy! You’ll soon be able to learn more about Amy and Empowered Clubhouse soon! Sign up on Freshmes and get a chance to be featured!

No comments: