As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Alabang GIrl Gang Fighters... Sunday, March 17

With my two little four-legged boys with me and a container packed with Lil' Slay boxing gear and equipment, I jumped in a Grab and headed way out to Alabang for a special request boxing class by a quite notorious family here in the Philippines.  I very successful family that owns a residential block of homes but is so incredibly sweet, humble and has been very encouraging to me.

The use of #blessed is totally appropriate here.

They are blessed and I am blessed for having met them.
 
I was told to bring my little guys along because they had a big property they could play on and there were other dogs at there home.  Their three dogs and my two dogs spent a good chunk of the afternoon chasing each other.

Cassius is quite the swimmer.  Yeah, that was new news to us, too.

When we let Cassius off his leash, off he ran towards the swimming pool and then he jumped into like Superman.  It was both scary and hilarious at the time so in went Skittles to fetch him, afraid that maybe he can't actually swim.  But, as it turns out, Cassius is part pup, part fish.

It's been a while since I've coached a small team for boxing.  Nowadays I only do one-to-one training and then, of course, my large scale classes for the Lil' Sistas.  Today was a nice change of the usual for me and it was great to get out of the city and have a new experience plus Cassius and Balboa absolutely loved being there.

No comments: