As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Backup House... Wednesday, March 27

A surprise check up on the construction crew revealed some disappointing news.

A.  The drop ceiling that we told them not to continue building has been built.
B.  The dirty kitchen that we told them not to continue building, well, definitely being built.

That sucks and that sucks, for sure, but what sucks for them is we actually have a second option -- the Backup House.  I suspected something like this would happen, them not following the plans we talked about.  I knew her multitude of yes's were just to please me and get me to commit.

Thing is though, I haven't committed yet.  No contract has been officially written up.

As for the Backup House, it's bigger, much bigger, and it's surrounded by celebrities.  

Surprise... I looked at another house today.

On the weekend I had stopped by The Refined and while I was there I got talking to a certain individual at the end of the bar.  I hadn't met him before an I didn't know who he was but in our conversation I talked about Empowered, the Lil' Sistas Project, and in looking to set up Empowered Clubhouse in Acacia Estates.  He then told me that he had a friend that was looking to get rid of his house and he suggested I go look at it.  When he told me about it though, I knew it was out of my budget but it must be massive and gorgeous.  All the houses at Acacia Estates are quite beautiful and I absolutely love, love, LOVE the community of Mahogany 3.

Honestly, I didn't think anything would become of our conversation beyond him just sounding encouraging and supportive but yesterday he texted me about the house.  

Today I saw it and yes, it's massive and super gorgeous. 

Plan A was to go with the Reno House on Holly Street.  It wasn't exactly what I wanted and at first I didn't really like it, but I don't have the crazy limitless budget to afford better nor do I have the time and patience to wait longer.  Sometimes getting it done is better than doing it perfect, or so they say and I think this is the perfect example of that.  I just need to get it done, the Clubhouse that is.  Pick a place and make it, before I lose the momentum and hype that's been created.

The Reno House may take 2-3 months for us to be able to even start on it but the Backup House, not too sure on the timeline but it's definitely shorter than that.  Right now, I want the Backup House, but a part of me thinks it is too good to be true and that makes me nervous.

No comments: