As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Fashion on Show... Sunday, March 28

Sitting there watching the Bench Active fashion show, I wondered to myself if my clothing line will ever have a runway show.... and whether or not I'd even want such a thing.

The more and more I build Empowered, the more and more I'm becoming uninterested in mainstream media and the mainstream population and all the superficialness and pettiness of it all.  I don't think I'm better than them, I'm just different.  I thought about this today at the fashion show because there I sat, watching two friends walk the runway in what was a really good fashion show of clothes the average person could honestly wear and yet the crowd was full of so much superficialness.  

"These people here won't wear these clothes", I thought to myself.  "Because they don't scream silly."

Honestly, I'm torn between thinking people wore such clothes to a fashion show because they want to be creatively expressive of who they are and thinking they wore it because they're wanna-bes.  Not too sure on what I believe.  

As for the clothes in the fashion show, they were very mainstream but the bathing suits were quite pretty and I was not expecting that.  The only thing I have actually bought at Bench were a pair of shorts that I split on the first day so, yeah, my first impression of Bench wasn't a good one but I think this fashion show changed my idea.  Their clothes are relatively cheap but I thought they were cheap in quality too.  Regardless, they had some super cute bathing suits and I think I might actually grab myself one of them, for sure.

The models were all fit and I was impressed by the abs on some of the ladies, wow, so it's clear that they actually do work out and watch what they eat.  But if this were my fashion show, I'd make them all female fighters sporting my clothing line -- female fighters and female coaches/trainers.  

No comments: