As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, March 21, 2019

My Lucky Charm... Thursday, March 21

Back before launching Hulk's Boxing in Korea, a friend arrived in Korea.  He was the son of a close friend of mine in Canada but he too had become a friend of mine.  He was touring Asia so in his tours he had Korea on the map and I happened to be living in Korea so he stayed at my place.  When he came to visit, he stayed at my place but at the time it was a super space one bedroom apartment so he was stuck sleeping on the floor in my family room and dealing with Pyen Chi who was an over sized puppy at the time.  

He came, he stayed, and then he left.

Shortly after he left, I moved into a massive apartment that was 11 rooms, launched my first business, Flipside Fitness, and then that evolved into the launch of Hulk's Boxing.

If he had come just a half a year later, his stay would have been so different.

He had come right before everything came together and I really flew with my plans.

When we headed out to see the three potential spaces today for Empowered Clubhouse, I was reminded of the last time a friend had come to Asia and stayed with me.  Oddly enough, that friend that had come like 8 years ago is a friend of The Captain too so that's very cool.

Maybe they're both my lucky charms.

Maybe Canada coming to visit me is the refreshing revival my mind and soul needs to kick things up a notch and take it to the next level.  Maybe Canada coming to visit me comes right when I need them the most, right before everything takes a massive turn.  But maybe it's because Canada visits that it all comes together and then blasts off.

I guess we will see.

No comments: