As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

A Million and Two Actually... Tuesday, April 16

30ft x 19ft, that's what I've got to work with.  That is the size of the training floor in the clubhouse.

Today I headed over there to take measurements and then, for the hours proceeding that, I sat at the computer going through ideas I've pinned on Pinterest and sketching out all my ideas.  

The ceiling is 95% a drop ceiling with only one patch being exposed concrete, two of the three walls are floor-to-ceiling windows, the third wall will have a mirror on it and the forth wall is on the other side of the stairs so it'll be our point wall with a graffiti painting covering it.  This, of course, the lack of walls and overdose of windows poses some problems.

You can't have the heavy bags or other things too close to the windows in case it hits them and I'm limited on how to even go about with my heavy bags.

Do I hang the bags close to the glass by the stairs?

Do I rip out the ceiling and hang them from there?
Do I kill my budget and get a couple Century Bobs?

Do I invest in extra poles, kill the floor, and hang the bags from that?
Do I even get hanging heavy bags?
Do I get a sand/water bottom standup bag and risk killing the floor?

Oh man, a heavy bag isn't just a heavy bag when you're the one responsible for it.

And so starts the million and one things I have to figure out asap.

No comments: