As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 21, 2019

A Sweet Evening... Sunday, April 21

Thank you to my host with the most, a man I won't reveal here who he's a celebrity.  

I met him about two years ago and this past week I ran into him at The Refined.  In passing, he noted he was having a BBQ party tonight at his house.  I didn't think he was inviting me but more or less just telling me what he was up to.  But then yesterday he texted me, reminding me that he looks forward to seeing me at his BBQ.  

So I went. 

I'll be honest here, I didn't initially want to go.  That's my dad in me speaking, seriously.  I'm sooooo bad for getting out and socializing, seriously.  It's so bad.  And I catch myself too, complaining about wanting to stay home but knowing that I'll have a fun time once I'm there.  And that's exactly what happened tonight.  I had fun.  I had a lot of fun actually and I really should have brought my bathing suit.  

It was a small party, about 10 of us, and at one point one of the guys texted his buddy, telling them to come with ice cream, so a couple more showed up.

For dinner, they stacked the BBQ with lamb, pork and sausages.. it was so delish!!!

Note to self: get out more or else you're going to miss awesome memories like today.

No comments: