As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 29, 2019

Almost Out of Here... Monday, April 29

I returned to sparring today but all I can think about is leaving BGC.

2 more sleeps till I move into my clubhouse!!!
...no more tap dancing neighbour with her devil dog.
...no more annoying elevators that almost killed me.
...no more bad neighbours smoking when they're not allowed.
...no more stalker neighbour. 

And this is just my condo!!! Sorry, not sorry BGC. I'm so excited about moving into a house, making a home, making some roots in this amazing community, adopting my 3rd baby, and taking my life and my business up like a zillion levels.

Strangely enough, perhaps what I will most miss of BGC are the super sweet security guards in my condo and the neighbouring condos, who always talk to me and wave to me everyday when I go to and from my home on Angkas.  

This city, BGC, is super convient for getting around but it's as easy as it is to get around as it is to spend money and, definitely at this point in my life, spending extra money is a no-no.  All my money is going into building my business and my brand.  

No comments: