As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 05, 2019

Another Promise Made... Friday, April 5

With nothing evolving more than lots of talk and unmatched promises, I've decided to give someone else the responsibility of getting me a fight here in the Philippines.  I told him I'd work with him if he got me a fight, that's the deal that went down today.  Over sweaty hand wraps and soaked through training clothes, we shock on it.

And on that note, I start working with him on Monday, another coach.

The plan is to fight June.  June at 108lbs.

Let's see if he's a man of his word or just another talker. 

No comments: