As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 11, 2019

High Hopes and Stress... Thursday, April 11

I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling the pressure and doubting myself every single day.

Will this work? Why won't this work?... repeat over and over again... and then over again.

Tomorrow I get the contract for the house I'm renting out for the Empowered Clubhouse and though I'm super excited about it I'm also super nervous.  And how today unfolded only added to my nervousness about it all.  I usually have 4 clients I coach on Thursdays but 1 is trying to fix up her newly adjusted schedule so she cancelled and another one is sick.  So out of the 4 I only had 2.  Sure, it's only one day but it's like that one the weekly.  Schedules gets switched around, fighters cancel or postpone, and then there's of course the fact that all my fighters are boss babes that have these crazy busy lives and travel a lot.  Next week is Holy Week so I'm anticipating a lot of cancelled training.  

As long I reintegrate with all my fighters that their monthly packages are just that, monthly packages that have to be used within that particular month, I'm good.  But it's the travelling that kills me because it's only fair I hold their monthly package.  I want them to travel, experience life and really enjoy it, but it adds a bit of stress to my life now that there will be rent due every month.  The inconsistency of the money flow in and the consistency of rent being due, yeah, stress.  You understand it.  

I know I'll be traveling to many of my clients the first couple of months of the clubhouse being open but the hope is to lure them to come to me because a. it defeats me having a clubhouse if they're not going to use it and b. it means I really fills up my schedule with travelling.  I also am aware that this move will mean I might have to drop some clients but I figure the 1 step back will mean 2 steps forward with getting new clients in Acacia Estates and new clients that will pay my new clubhouse prices.  In a perfect world, all my current and long time clients would come to Empowered, even if it's just for 1 of their 2 sessions a week.  

No comments: