As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, April 01, 2019

Something With My Head... Monday, April 1

As it turns out homemade Kombucha, like the stuff I bought just the other day, has alcohol in it.  I didn't realize that but after drinking all those samples yesterday, my head felt funny.  I kind of wrote it off as me just being hungry or possibly eating something bad because I did eat a late dinner out.  But tonight it happened again.

"I feel punch drunk", I mentioned.

Had I taken one too many hits at boxing with Coach Marcelo trying to force me to keep my guard up?!  I didn't know but my head was so off.  It's almost as if I was buzzing or high.

I've never been drunk and I've never been high.  I don't drink and I've never done a drug in my life.

Turns out it was the Kombucha.

Both yesterday and today, I had drank a glass of it on an empty tummy and later in the evening.

Contacted the company whom I had bought a bottle off of and she confirmed it.  I was buzzing because of the Kombucha.  Talk about being such a light weight, damnnnnnnn....!!!

No comments: