- I am not allowed to use my cellphone when I’m with the Lil’ Sistas -- no pictures, no text messages, no phone calls.
- I give Empowered the right to take pictures/videos of me volunteering and post them on their social media.
- My position is to help assist running the activities and not to be an active participant because I am there to motivate the Lil’ Sistas, help with crowd management and assist with the setting up and packing up of the equipment.
- I am to wear the Empowered Clubhouse shirt provided to me and training leggings or jogging pants of my choosing but ones that are respectable and not see through.
- I understand that I am to treat the Lil’ Sistas, the staff, the facility and its equipment with respect.
- I understand that discrimnatory language or ill manner will not be tolerated. Failure to stop will result in me being asked to leave and I will not be allowed to volunteer with Empowered again.
- I am not to disclose to anyone the exact location of the residences where the Lil’ Sistas live nor any of the personal information of the Lil’ Sistas, like their real first names, their full names, phone numbers, and where they go to school or work.
- I am to be punctual. Showing up late at our meet up spot may mean me being left behind and not participating.
- I am not to give out my personal information to any of the Lil’ Sistas or contact them outside of our designated volunteer time together.
- I am not to bring gifts unless I notify Empowered Clubhouse beforehand and there is enough for all present.
As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).
After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.
Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.