As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Too Close for Comfort... Wednesday, April 17

Two hours of intense training and then it was almost all irrelevant 12 minutes later. 

In between finishing my boxing today and arriving at home, I had jumped on an Angkas bike and side swiped by a truck way too eager to get to where ever it was going that it totally disregarded me.  The truck came so close to me it scraped my shoe and caused my ankle to twist, causing me to knee the driver in the back of his thigh.

"Are you okay ma'am?" my Angkas driver asked.  

My reaction was to look down and see if I still had my foot attached to my leg and then tell him "yes".

I wasn't okay though, I was a bit shaken up.  I could have died. 

Reason 10000000000001 why I need to get my clubhouse up and running. 

I feel like I'm playing the numbers too much with taking so many Angkas rides and not yet getting into an accident.  I have a much higher probability of getting in an accident compared to anyone else I know because I take an Angkas every single day, 2-6 times a day.  I 'guestimate' that I take it about 25 times a week.  That's 25 more chances to get into an accident.... no thanks.

No comments: