As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, May 24, 2019

Faith in Humanity Revived... Friday, May 24

I ended this busy, busy week with launching a donation request for the two new newborns at the Center of Hope.  I actually posted this request last night but today I got my first donation and just absolutely warmed my heart.  A lady that lives in my community had seen the post and today she stopped by the Clubhouse to give her donation -- four brand new bottles of baby wash.  

Faith in humanity revived with that gift.

I took her donation and then blurted out, "I'm going to hug you... thank you so much!"  I was so touched by her gift.  A total stranger helping out a young girl she may never ever meet but found it in her heart to help her out.  

And so, I'm reposting here what I've been blasting all over my social media accounts because this is something that means a lot to me, so much to me actually.

The Lil' Sistas mean a lot to me.  
The Voice of the Free means a lot to me.  
The Center of Hope means a lot to me.

And, on that note, here it is...
It's a girl and another girl!!! 
We at Empowered Clubhouse would like to extend a very warm welcome, full of smiles and kisses, to the two beautiful baby girls that entered this world this past week, on Tuesday, born to two of our Lil' Sistas. Despite being brought into the world via unfavourable circumstances, we have nothing but love and support for them and know they're in excellent hands. 
We got word that both moms and babies are doing great but we know this is a huge new adventure full of ups and downs for not only them but also for the Center of Hope and the Voice of the Free. To aid them and extend our support, we're asking for donations.
The Center of Hope is a recovery home of healing for human trafficking survivors, girls ages 10-20, so having not only one of their girls give birth but also a second, well, you can imagine this is a big adjustment and challenge for them. 
Needed donations:
- New born diapers
- Baby wash
- New born clothes
- Cloth diapers
- New born pajama sets (anticipating the rainy season) 
Also, if you can financially assist, please do consider!!! 
All financial donations will go directly to helping settle the hospital bill of of one of the mother's new born. Due to the unregistered birth of one baby, they were not able to enroll the mother in the government program to avail the discounted hospital rate. Please contact us directly if you plan on financially donating and we can give you the details on how to go about with that. 
For all donations of the above items, you can either contact us directly, text Coach Amy at 0905-421-6436, or drop off your items at The Refined in BGC. Much thanks to everyone who donates and to The Refined for being a supportive drop-off location. 
Having a baby is a big thing in itself, but being a teen or a preteen and having a baby is on a whole other level. Please, let's help these two young moms and their newborns start this next chapter of their lives feeling nothing but supported and loved. Thank you.

No comments: