As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 06, 2019

Switching Up My Training... Monday, May 6

It was a kind of sad day for me in that not only did I coach a fighter that I know is leaving the Philippines soon but I also trained at my boxing club, knowing full well I'm not going to be training there full time anymore.  

It's a beast to get out to Poblacion for boxing.  It eats up the time I could be coaching clients back at Empowered and it eats up the money I could be putting into Empowered.  But Coach Marcelo is there and he's what keeps me there.  Well, him and the promises they're making about getting me another fight.  I'm supposedly fighting the second weekend of June but I've yet to hear anything about it.  

Now the boxing club in Acacia, where I'll be also training at in between clients and when I'm not at Team Insider, is an Elorde.

Ahhhhh Elorde. 

It's like the big boss in boxing here in the Philippines, the big namer, the dominate club.

To join or not to join, that is the question.

I'm going to join it but I don't know about switching over my boxing license.  Let's see if they offer me anything for me to sign with them, that'll be the make or breaker, I guess.  Being affiliated with them has their pluses and minuses but the big plus right now is the huge save in time and money with commuting.  

This week I'll be trying out Elorde in Acacia Estates.

I'm not looking forward to being the new fighter at the club again and I'm not looking forward to having to get to know a new coach again.  Everything there is going to be compared to Team Insider, I know that, so it's going to be ultra uncomfortable.  

No comments: