As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, May 07, 2019

The Money Pit... Tuesday, May 7

Over 100,000Php in renovations needed at the clubhouse... wow.

I should note here that these are just the renovations our repair man is going to do.  They don't include things like the needed equipment or furniture.  This quote is purely for the things he can physically do himself.

1,600Php just for him to drill into the concrete for the heavy bags but then I have to purchase the metal attachment and, of course, the heavy bag.

As for the repairs though, they range from immediate to not-so-needed, like the front door that is a bastard and a half to properly close and lock, to a couple of lights that need replacing.  The biggest thing on that list, my mirror for the boxing studio, a 28,000Php expense but a needed one.  Regardless, that hurts.

Now you know why I insisted I clean the house myself.  Saved a huge chunk being my own cleaner.

Renovations needed:
- front door lock
- check flickering lights
- replaced burnt out lights
- re-roll two of the blinds so they roll up/down fully
- fix the cabinet doors so they close properly
- drill for the heavy bags
- tape the cable wiring along the wall crease
- reattach the cabinet doors
- attach frosted film on three of the lounge windows
- fix two screen doors

Headed out to the local mall to purchase something I've had my eye on since I saw it -- a white metal shelf unit.  It came in a billion pieces in a box, a box that weighed about 35kgs I should add here.  Got it home, managed to get it up the stairs and then pretty much moved the pieces all around the floor for the next hour and a half.

No such luck with the metal shelf unit.  I gave up.




No comments: