As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Unwanted Visitor... Wednesday, May 1

Two and a half hours just to take paper off the windows, yikes.  There are windows every where in this house so I saw no point in turning on the air conditioner in every room I worked.  So I just sweated it out.  I sweated and left sweat puddles literally in every room.

I left the stalker neighbour in BGC but in Acica I have a stalker cat.  Her name is Stella.

While working on the windows, I looked and noticed her watching me.  When I went up to the second floor to continue working, I noticed she was still watching me.  She had jumped up to the second floor roof of the neighbour's house and sat there, looking at me.  I'm sure she was probably thinking, "who's this half naked white girl in the window?"  

The stalking cat was the least of my concerns today.  Tonight I had a little scare. 

Last night I had noted that I wanted to move the small, left behind couch from the back driver's room to my office.  It looked like a futon.  So tonight, after cleaning the windows and painting the wall, I went to that backroom to move it.  I swung open the door and it was gone!!!

Had someone come into the house while I was there home alone?!

It must have taken two people to carry it so did TWO people come when I was there?!

I felt so uncomfortable.  The house is big, big enough that someone could be banging on the front door and I'd have no clue if I was in the bedroom on the third floor.  Had two men come into the house and taken the couch and I just didn't hear them?  Better question, HOW did they get in to get it in the first place?!

Security dropped by my house, no sooner had I made this discovery, to tell me that I had a delivery at the front gate.  It was Six Pack Chef dropping off my meals.  I asked the security guard if someone had come to my house and he said, yes.  The former owner's driver had stopped by.  Okay, so I found some relief but it still didn't answer the question of how he got in.  The back room is only accessible through the house or through the back gate, a gate that has no handle on it and opens, as far as I'm concerned, from the inside only.

One problem solved with other concern.

That's not cool that the former owner allowed their driver to come here with out giving us some kind of heads up.  I was seriously freaked out.  My boxing club in Korea was haunted, inhabited at first with homeless, and I've been there before when we were broken in while we occupied the space.  Not cool.  I don't want this space to become like that space.  I want this space to be a safe space, one in which I feel at home.

No comments: