As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 12, 2019

A Glimpse of Cebu... Friday, July 12

Before heading off to Cebu for the weekend, I squeezed in a couple of clients and got in some last minute business emails and texts.  I'm not bringing my laptop to Cebu with me but I'm also not not working.  I'll use my phone.  Shhhh... don't tell anyone. 

Disconnection from work is going to be my challenge this weekend.

...as is playing with a belly half full of fried chicken wings and French fries.

After arriving in Cebu, we headed to the house the team rented, set up our rooms, and then headed out for dinner -- fried chicken.  I didn't overdo it but I don't really eat fried food or chicken wings either and especially not when I have a competition.  I tried to make up for it by over indulging on coffee, hoping it'd force myself to poop it out.  No such luck.

As for the house, it's a sick set up.  I never would have thought of renting an entire house but such is the case and it's super cool.  Our entire team spread out amongst three floors and several bedrooms, all of which have their own bathroom.  It's a perfect scenario.

Traffic in Cebu is worse than Manila and I didn't think that was even possible.  We drove about 8kms and it took us 2.5hours.  Even the motorcycles beside our car were at a standstill.  Holy crazy.

Cebu, at least the part we're staying in, feels like Poblacion but with 10x the population.  It's super busy here and only parts of it, the limited parts I saw just driving tonight, are modern like BGC.  For the most part it's all underdeveloped roads and small roadside shops.  

No comments: