As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 06, 2019

A Homey Birthday, Perfect... Tuesday, August 6

I wanted nothing more than to just at home with my little family of five but I did venture out.  I went and got my hair dyed.  My usual hair stylist enjoyed the day off but with today being my only free day, I had no choice but to get someone else from his shop to do it.  Sorry Zaldie... can I milk "but it's my birthday" card here?!  

My birthday dinner request wasn't to go out to any fancy restaurant but instead was to have a home cooked meal.  Pasta, I wanted pasta and lots and lots of meaty tomato sauce and that's exactly what I got.  

...and then I got caramel cheesecake and hot chocolate.  That was a pure perk.

Originally I had asked for a home cook meal, pasta, and a rooftop picnic on the fourth floor of my clubhouse but the picnic didn't happen.  The lights haven't been fixed yet and finding candles at the stores nearby turned out to be a no-go.  But despite the lack of picnic, it was a beautiful birthday, thanks for asking.

No comments: