As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, August 11, 2019

A Very Badass Meeting... Sunday, August 11

Am pretty sure I made the coolest business collab e-v-e-r.  

I went to interview a possible company to take on for the production of my upcoming clothing line, Baa Baa Black Sheep, and, as it turned out, I am already very familiar with the clothes they produce.  Their shop is pretty much the only shop I get my tops at because their tops can sustain my training without losing shape and they always have fun things written on them.  Ironically enough, I showed up tonight wearing one of their tops actually, my "Badass" top.  Too funny.

They're a brother and sister team who took over their mother's company that she started something like 40 years ago so you know there's longevity in what they're doing.  The sister, a tall gal with cool blue hair, is the one that actually comes up with all the fun and sassy sayings they then print on their shirts but it was the brother who reached out to me regarding my line.

Baa Baa Black Sheep... "BaaBaaBlackSheep.ph", if you're looking it up on Instagram.

We stood there for about an hour sharing stories and laughs, and me going over my vision with Baa Baa Black Sheep.  I left that meeting feel so positive about my decision to leave my former production company and so sure about these two.  You know when you just have that feeling in your gut that something is right?! Yeah, I had that with these two tonight.

It is FINALLY happening. 

Now to revamp my NDA, get them to sign it and pick which 2 of my many designs I want them to make samples of.  I think I'll start off with a tank top and a simple hoodie.  Baa Baa Black Sheep will focus mainly on women but I will definitely add in some things for the guys, like my hoodie.  

Baa Baa Black Sheep, a smart athletic line for the badass bold.

No comments: