As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 03, 2019

Almost Rained Out... Saturday, August 3

My 7am team run, rained out.

On the flipside though, one of my friends came out to run, she was the only one that was able to do so, and instead of going for a run we stayed in and chatted.  Over peanut butter and banana sandwiches and hot coffee, we finally got a chance to catch up and she finally got a chance to not only meet Rousey but also see my clubhouse for the first time.  

My 10am small team boxing session, somewhat rained out.

Only 2 of my 4 small team fighters were able to show up.  However, because of that, I decided to switch things up and "treat them" all to padwork.  I don't usually do padwork on the weekly bases with my small teams because it makes it impossible for me to guide the rest of the fighters when my undivided attention is on whomever is hitting the pads I'm holding. 

Preparing for my birthday party, delayed but not rained out.

Ya, I don't do parties and I don't like surprises but I'm throwing a party and my guests don't even know they're my guests.  They don't even know I'm showing up and they don't even know it's my birthday.  It's a surprise surprise party for a group of people in this beautiful country that are exceptionally special for me.  And on that note, I won't say anymore.  Tomorrow night is the party.

No comments: