As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 09, 2019

Corner Coach Pack... Friday, August 9

I was as busy as fudge today, daaaaaang!!!  I only had 2 fighters to coach but about a billion and one things to do in between coaching those two.  Technically it was 3 but then one had to cancel last minute.  

Tomorrow is the big fight night for the black tie charity event so I had my corner coach gear to prep.

Contents of my corner coach pack:
  • extra hand wraps
  • a couple of rolls of gauze
  • a couple of rolls of surgical tape
  • water bottle
  • white towel
  • ice pack holder
  • medical scissors
  • extra mouthgaurd
  • Q-tips
  • bandaids
  • turtle shells
  • latex gloves
  • chocolate
  • metal press
  • Vaseline
  • electrolyte tablets
  • endurance tablets
  • Muscle care ointment
  • smelling salts
  • target mitts
All important things needed just in case my fighter forgets something like their hand wraps; needs something, like a sugar rush pre-fight; or runs into a medical problem during the fight, like a cut on the forehead. Trust me, things like this happen and it's the corner coach's responsibility to make sure they can tend to whatever their fighter needs. Throw in the fact that I haven't heard whether or not there's even a medic and ya, my so-called "overpacking" might not be enough. 

Ten fights, twenty fighters, my corner coach pack can't handle them all.

No comments: