As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Frustrations on a High... Tuesday, August 12

After what felt like months upon months, the rest of my delivery from my boxing gear manufacturer in Pakistan arrived.  I was overly happy but incredibly cautious.  I'm way too familiar with being disappointed with this supplier.

"Why don't you just get a new one?!", people say.

Okay, do you know what it's like to get a new supplier that you've never met from a country that you've never been to?!  I can't just get referred to someone, gosh no, because that'd be too easy, and to hire another would be to spend more money on samples and then waste more time waiting for those samples to arrive.  And don't even get me started on the extra money, time and effort it takes to cordinate your ideas and vision with a new manufacturer.  

I don't know anyone else who is doing what I'm doing -- avoiding the middle man and going straight to the factory -- so while everyone thinks it's easy to just find another, most people couldn't even find one to start off with.  It took me so long to find this one, this manufacturer, and his product quality is awesome but he has yet to send one of my orders correctly.  There is always something wrong with my order and this order was no different.

My Lil' Slay wraps, not so little.  It's 5.5 meters and not 4 meters.
The wrist band is suppose to be white, it's black.
Oh, and the word "Slay" is printed on the wrong side.

Three things wrong with one hand wrap.  I mean, how much can you possibly screw up a hand wrap?! Right.  At that point I was wondering if this was just a joke; if he was purposely trying to punk me.  

I saw these errors on one of the wraps, one I had randomly picked to do a quality check, so I then did another quality check.  I picked another hand wrap and voila, the same thing.  It was the same thing one after another.  All 20 hand wraps had the same three errors.

I can't even sell these even if I wanted.  They're inside out, for starters.  To sell them I would then have to get them re-sewn and to do so you'd have to chop the end, thus loose some of the length, or get someone to take out all the stitches.  

The frustrations were on an ultimate high today, wow. 

No comments: