As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Looking for a Sponsor... Thursday, August 15

My main sponsors are Klean Athlete and Six Pack Chef -- a supplement company and a food delivery company that sends my daily meals every day.  I have other minor sponsors that send me their products or give me discounts on their services but lately I've been trying to work on a sponsor for the Lil' Sistas Project, more specifically, a sponsor for a post workout healthy snack.  I got the idea from Coach Miranda of MJKO Boxing -- a nonprofit boxing club in Toronto for kids that I've collaborated for for the Snail Mail Program for the Lil' Sistas.  At MJKO they often give the kids healthy after school snacks like fruit, for example, and I think that's a great idea because kids need to be exposed to healthy options from the start so that they can become more familiar with healthy options and incorporate it into their lifestyle.  

I approached Blue Diamond Philippines about supporting the Lil' Sistas.  One of their products is almond milk and that'd be such a perfect post boxing snack for the girls because it has protein in it, is individually packaged and needs no prep work beyond making sure we put it in the fridge the night before.

I haven't heard back from Blue Diamond... not yet.  

Another option I'm looking into is cutting up apples and bringing some of the Fix and Fogg peanut butter than KiaOra Kitchen sends me.  But cutting up apples for that many girls, sometimes it's close to 50, is a lot of work not to mention this could get really messy really fast and really easily.  

Hmmm... any suggestions?

Better yet, do any of YOU want to sponsor the Lil' Sistas and help me out in this?

[Here's to me hoping but not holding my breath.]

No comments: