As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

National Heroines... Wednesday, August 28

This past Monday was National Hero Day in the Philippines and while many people were giving recongition to many known heroes, I paid tribute on my social media to one Filipina who has really changed my life and redirected my business -- Cecilia Flores-Oebanda.  She's the CEO of the Voice of the Free, the anti-human trafficking organization that created the Center of Hope.  

Another local heroine of mine is that of Sister Wennie, one of the nuns that runs Holy Family Home, the second residence of the girls in my Lil' Sistas Project.  

Both women have exceptionally big hearts and have dedicated their lives to helping the little underprivileged girls whom I now coach and now refer to as my Lil' Sistas.  And while it's nice that people offer me encouragement and commend me on my Lil' Sistas Project, what I do is nothing compared to what these two particular ladies have done and continue to do for these girls and for so many others.  

No comments: